Abstracts are invited for the Energy Networks 2018 Conference & Exhibition to be held in Sydney, Australia from 5 -7 June 2018.
Conference speakers will come from across the supply chain to represent the diversity of the sector supplying energy to households and businesses across Australia.
We are seeking presentations that address new research and insights; case studies, pilots and project results and excellence in technology and service delivery.
Theme 1: Customers, Community & Connections
Theme 2: Resilience & Reliability
Theme 3: Integrated Networks: Renewables, Technology & Transformation
Theme 4: A Secure Power System
Theme 5: New Rules, New Markets, New Directions
Theme 6: Gas Futures, Innovation & Supply Network
Network Operations Forums
- Workplace, Health and Safety Forum
- Vegetation Management Forum
For more details regarding topics of interest please click here
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Program Committee, you must also intend to register for the Conference and Exhibition. Online submission for an oral or poster presentation is the only method for receiving abstracts.
Access the Abstract Submission Portal below to submit an abstract.
Instructions for submitting an abstract are detailed below. All abstracts are to be submitted electronically in accordance with the guidelines provided.
KEY DATES TO REMEMBER
|Tuesday 27 June 2017||Abstract submissions open|
|Friday 1 September 2017||Abstract submissions close|
|Friday 3 November 2017||Notification of acceptance|
|Friday 1 December 2017||Authors to confirm participation|
|Thursday 15 March 2018||Deadline for presenting author to register|
|Thursday 15 March 2018||Early bird registration closes|
|5 – 7 June 2018||Energy Networks 2018|
There are two types of presentation formats.
- ORAL PRESENTATION
Oral presenters will be notified of the length of their presentation time in the acceptance letters, which will include time for presentation and questions. Abstracts not selected for oral presentation may be eligible for a poster presentation.
- POSTER PRESENTATION
A poster presentation is a visual display of research projects which will be on display for the duration of the Conference and Exhibition, with the opportunity to discuss your presentation with delegates during an informal poster session. More information regarding the logistics of the poster presentations will be advised following acceptance.
Abstracts can be submitted under one of the six conference streams and two operations forums, detailed here. (Note: these are a guide only and are not all inclusive.)
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- The lodgement of an abstract does not indicate automatic inclusion in the conference program.
- Abstract receipt and acceptance will be sent to the author submitting the abstract.
- Any additional communication will be with the submitting author only, unless otherwise directed. For this reason, we recommend that the user ID and email belong to the main author that will be presenting at the conference.
- Ensure adherence to the ‘Submitted Abstract Requirements’.
- Once you have created your account and updated “Your Contact Information” via the link to the Online Presenter Portal (‘portal’), navigate to the “Abstract Submission” tab and follow the instructions to upload your abstract.
- Please indicate if your abstract is for an ‘Oral Presentation’, a ‘Poster Presentation’ or should be considered for either option. It is at the Committee’s discretion which abstracts are accepted for Oral Presentation. Certain abstracts submitted as Oral Presentations may be eligible for a Poster Presentation.
- Upload your abstract as a Word document using the MS Word Template provided within the portal.
- The portal allows authors to save incomplete abstract(s) in draft form. You can save your abstract as a Draft and log in to the portal at any time before the submission deadline to make changes. When you are happy with the abstract you can click Submit. Any changes to the abstract after it has been submitted will need to be emailed to the Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
- This is the only abstract submission process for the conference. Abstracts will be used for the conference concurrent session and operations forum program.
- There will be no full manuscript conference proceedings.
- Detailed instructions on how to upload, edit and withdraw your abstract submission can be found below.
SUBMITTED ABSTRACT REQUIREMENTS
Your abstract must be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. Click here to download the abstract template, please save the template to your computer and complete it. The template will also be available within the portal.
Following the abstract review, authors will be notified via email of their abstract acceptance no later than Monday 3 November 2017. Formal acceptance of the offer to present is required by Monday 1 December 2017 via reply email.
ACCEPTED ABSTRACT REQUIREMENTS
- The presenting author must register by Thursday 15 March 2018 and be at the conference to make their presentation.
- Please note that all conference costs, including registration fees, must be met by the author’s own resources.
- Accepted abstracts which do not meet these requirements will be withdrawn from the conference program.
Abstract submission is a two-step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is correctly uploaded into the portal.
Creating an account and logging in to the portal
You must create an account in order to submit an abstract.
Select the ‘Create New Account’ button and enter your preferred email address and password.
Once logged into the submission portal please click on the ‘Your Contact Information’ tab at the top of menu bar and complete your contact details. A confirmation email with further instructions on how to submit your abstract will be emailed to your nominated email address.
Once you’ve created an account you can upload abstracts, edit abstracts that are still in draft, review briefing notes if your abstract is accepted, and review terms and conditions at any time in the portal.
Please ensure you read all the relevant information within the portal, including taking note of key dates related to the Conference.
Submitting your abstract
Click on ‘Abstract Submission’ and review the instructions.
On this page you will find the abstract template. Save the template to your computer prior to completing it.
Use the template to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts not submitted using this template will be returned for correction and resubmission.
All abstracts submitted will be peer-reviewed. Please ensure that all formatting is correct as per the abstract template.
You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- Abstract title
- Preferred presentation type
- Author names and affiliations
- Presenting author biography
- Presenting author photo
Complete each field then select the ‘Submit’ button to successfully upload your abstract. Please note: this button will only appear when all fields have been completed.
Once your submission is uploaded correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your abstract has not uploaded correctly. The abstract will be found under the ‘Your Abstracts’ tab and you will need to re-submit it.
Should you wish to delete or edit an abstract that has been successfully submitted you will need to contact the Program Coordinator.
If you have any concerns, please contact Maria Alexander on T +61 3 9645 6311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
The outcome of your submitted abstract will be communicated to the presenting author on Monday 3 November 2017. The contact details provided should be the presenting author’s. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters as applicable.
ABSTRACT SPEAKER REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference and Exhibition. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register and pay for the Conference and Exhibition by Thursday 15 March 2018 for the presentation to be included in the program and all relevant publications.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Energy Networks 2018 Secretariat: